Save $$ with early registration. Early Bird special available until 5 weeks prior to the seminar.
Instructed by Thorsten Kaiser of the Institute for Barefoot Equine Management.
* Horse keeping, Hooves, Healing - What connections are there?
* What is the anatomical make-up of a hoof and how does it function?
* How do you recognise Founder and Heel Pain, even Navicular Syndrome? What causes it and how do you address it?
* How do you feed your horse correctly?
* How do you recognise a healthy horse?
* What living conditions does a horse need to stay healthy?
In this seminar you will get answers to the above and more, based on scientific research over many decades. On the practical day you will get an overview of this non-invasive hoofcare approach.
In Part I (1.5 days) you learn about the holistic approach of keeping your horse healthy, or get it back to health. In other words, you learn about the three holistic columns: structural, emotional, and metabolic health. Topics covered are:
* Anatomy and Physiology
* Functional Anatomy
* Hoof Functions
* Transition to Barefoot
* Effects of Shoeing and Contraction
* Optimal Boarding Conditions
Part II (afternoon of day 2) will focus on the practical application of a healthy hoof shape as taught in in the thoery part. This is done through non-invasive trimming techniques on cadaver hooves and illustrative dissections. This section is also interesting for people of have attended previous Holistic Hoofcare Seminars.
To be able to attend Part II, you need to have attended Part I. Please note, it is not realistic to learn barefoot hoof care in a couple of days and then apply it to a horse - which potentially does not have healthy feet at this point in time. We recommend to contact a professional to be guided, or consider our Professional's Course.
Use this link to see recommended reading and trimming tools.
If paying by Internet banking, a deposit of 50% of the seminar fee is due at time of booking.
The full seminar fee is due either on booking via Credit Card/PayPal or 4 weeks prior to the seminar in case of Internet Banking.
PS: Family and student discounts available, please contact us to find out more.